From:
Stacie Tolen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Sep 2000 21:11:17 GMT
I was wondering
if there is a brand of bacon and sausage which doesn't contain sodium
nitrate.  I've called all of the health foods stores in our area and
can't
find any.

Look for a WholeFoods store near you, at http://www.wholepeople.com
Their
Fresh Fields store brand pork bacon contains: pork, water, sea salt,
evaporated cane sugar. When you get it home, soak it in a pan of water
for a
few hours or overnight to remove the sugar. Voila! Paleo Bacon.

Their house brand sausages are good, too. Just check all labels, some
do
contain things like cheese or whatever. But their pork breakfast
sausages
are great!
Stacie