From:
AARONLIFE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 17:13:45 EDT

<< I'm not trying to give you a hard time here, but I think "juicing" (at
 least the way I understand it) is on the fringes of topical for this forum.
Although Ray drinks fruit juices some, I get the overall impression that
the diet is mostly about eating whole foods which would require no
processing to be edible.  Maybe I'm wrong.>>

That sounds true, but people on this list talk about wine, and beer.  The real
reason people are here is to get well, not just adhere to one person's diet.
Ultimately we all have to find what makes us thrive, not what makes Ray
thrive, because they might be different!

<<However, the fact remains that juice is refined and unnaturally
concentrated.>>

When we chew whole vegetable foods the juice gets released, and gets swallowed
along with the fiber.  Freshly made juice is not a concentrated food, white
sugar would be a concentrated food.  A glass of carrot juice may contain the
juice of 4 or 5 carrots.  When you drink that juice you are essentially eating
the better part of 4 or 5 carrots, however, the nutrients do not have to be
separated from the fiber and thus are easily assimilable in the digestive
system.  If you want, you could eat the pulp afterwards and thus obtain the
whole food.

This is why people who have trouble digesting raw foods, or need lots of
nutrients to heal, can benefit from fresh juices.  They are a whole food,
except they are missing the fiber.  Now, whether or not there are negative
effects from juicing, I do not know, I am not aware of any.  Basically you get
a lot of fresh, organic water, and lots of nutrients.  Even chimps often chew
foods for their juices, and then spit out the rest.  If you are ever
interested, try reading Dr. Walker's books.  They are fascinating.  He lived
to be something like 117 so he's worth considering!

Apparently, the easy digestive nature of nutritious fresh, enzymatically rich
juices, helps heal the pancreas and for me it helped me recover from my
chronic fatigue symptoms.

It's always worth considering as an addition to your otherwise healthy diet,
or as an aid to healing!

Take care!

Aaron