From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 13:18:40 EDT

In a message dated 6/27/2007 8:33:27 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Could the sitting position be causing the back and head pain? If so, how
does the pain in my calves fit in?

YES!  You could have trigger points.  I had some back pain that was actually
caused by a trigger point in in my gluteus.  Point is that massage to the area
in pain will prove futile because what you are feeling in one area could be
pain generated from another area.  Several years ago I posted on this website
regarding pain and someone suggested I get Clair Davies book on self trigger
point massage (Trigger Point Therapy Workbook).  It was one of the best
invesments I've ever made.  I have used this book so many times for everything from
dizziness (caused by trapezius trigger point from bad computer posture) to back
pain -- achilles pain -- arm tendonites etc etc and even headaches -- caused
by neck trigger points and lately, TMJ.  The instructions are clear, the
self-massage is simple and it WORKS.  Whoever it was on this site who recommended
the book years ago -- many thanks!  I hope this may help you Kristina -- good
luck!