From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Oct 2000 10:39:31 -0400
On Wed, 25 Oct 2000 08:57:11 -0500, TrombaHam <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>I'm not a chemist or a food manufacturing engineer, but my educated
>guess is that it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to
>create a "Protein" bar which is low in carbs without the use of soy
>protein. ...

Paleo Protein bar of low carbs? Here we go.

A non-soy protein bar could use brewers yeast (50% protein)
also very good in vitamins, potentially bad for allergic persons
(as i am allergic to soy).

Next option pumpkin seed (30% protein) super mineral vitamin and so
on.
Or almonds (18% protein) or peanuts (some 25% protein).
These all have the "disadvantage" as they don't need to be formed to
"bars".
You can just eat them as they are........

Secondly they are not toooo cheap.
Soy is the cheapest protein thinkable.
I guess that having a "bar" is more of a money making tool
(of course they want to profit - and may).

Anyone willing to produce such a paleo bar with the above ingredients
and
giving me a few percents? ...........

Amadeus ;-)