From:
Denise LePage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Sep 2000 11:39:59 EDT
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<  I would love to be able to go to
 > alternative sources for meat, but I simply cannot afford it, so
what am
 > I getting in what I buy at the grocery store? >>

Just ask.  If there's no butcher, ask for the manager.  Someone should
know.

I found out that the grocery store I shop at, which specializes in
meat, has
hormone and steroid-free everything but beef, and antibiotic-free
poultry.
I'm not sure about the beef, the web site just says USDA choice whole
hanging
beef.  I think I'll Email them and ask.

They advertise free-range veal, allowed to roam in herds and not
force-fed.
I'm not sure if that naturally implies grass fed, though.

It's a small chain in the Bay Area, CA called Lunardi's, and the
quality is
excellent for a very, very reasonable price.  www.lunardis.com

Denise