From:
Emiliano Bussolo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 11:49:40 +0100
>>Can anyone provide other evidence supporting ketosis while being diabetic?
I >>appreciate it!

>>Thank you!
>>
>>Trish

Hi Trish,
I'm a type 1 diabetic on a paleo diet since april 2010.
I've recently had a full set of blood and urine tests + kidney echo doppler
and there's no sign of kidney strain whatsoever. In italy ketostix aren't
available so I don't know how deep in ketosis I am on average, but I'm on a
very strict zero carb regime, so it should be decently deep.

As a curiosity I can add that I usually had the highest BG at dawn, so to
avoid gluconeogenesis during the night I've taken eating 70gr of butter at
around 11PM .

Since I'm doing this my dawn BG is down by almost 40%... a striking result
that appearently confirms all paleo theories. I've been doing this for two
weeks, hope it keeps on working like that...

There's a lot of confusion regarding diabetic ketoacidosis. It is a
potentially fatal condition which to happen needs TWO elements: extremely
deep ketosis + extremely high blood glucose.
Could be dangerous for someone who doesn't know to be diabetic (and for
whatever reason happens to be in extremely deep ketosis), but anyone
checking BG on a regular basis can easily avoid it. Not to mention  - I
speak out of experience here - being in ketosis means low BG...

Bye!

 --

 Sponsor:
 Emailpaghe: le paghe in 3 click, veloce ed efficiente puoi averlo in prova gratuita fino al 31 dicembre 2010. Cosa aspetti provalo!