From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Feb 2010 20:31:59 +0000

If you honestly believe, contrary to established scientific opinion, that isolated, refined substances are exactly the same as the natural equivalent of that substance within foods, then I challenge you to do a diet consisting solely of artificial vitamins/minerals and amino-acids, in short processed equivalents of all the nutrients one needs for basic health. I'm sure your health would decline rapidly as a result.

But, really , the whole fructose issue is a red herring as fructose is a vital component  of human semen:-

http://www.reproduction-online.org/cgi/content/abstract/5/3/347

http://www.umc.sunysb.edu/urology/male_infertility/SEMEN_ANALYSIS.html

In short, to equate the natural fructose in semen with something as harshly refined as corn-syrup is misleading. If it were that damaging, the body would have used some other more effective substance instead.

AS for the PUFA question, a proper palaeo diet of grassfed meats/wild game etc. has the right omega-3- to omega-6 ratio so that it's a non-issue.

Geoff

http://clk.atdmt.com/UKM/go/195013117/direct/01/