From:
"Day, Wally" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 2010 16:39:39 -0600
>> Thanks for not using the term "bambi cheese."  ;-)

Awe... I miss bambi cheese :) It was an integral part of the list a few years ago...

>> No doubt it's the refined, ubiquitous stuff, consumed in disproportionate huge quantities, that paleo people >> weren't exposed to.

Agreed. Mostly.

We keep harping on the fact that paleo man of 50,000-100,000 years ago was not much different than we are today. Hence the acceptance of the notion that our dietary should be similar (or the same).

I think the same theory should apply to attitudes and desires as well. The desire to satisfy a "sweet tooth" seems to be common and hard-wired into most (not all) people. Given that fact, it's quite likely that paleos may have "binged" on sweets and carbohydrates - when they could get them.

This whole notion that early man primarily ate meat because of "instinct" seems a bit strianed to me. I makes far more sense to assume that - given the chance - he/she would have indulged just as we are inclined today. The only difference would be the availability of "paleo junk food".