From:
Charles Alban <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 00:02:36 EST
If anybody's interested, here's my paleo shopping for today:

Sardines (55 grams)     7 grams fat     13 grams protein

Bison jerky (28 grams)  2.5 grams fat   12 grams protein

Sunflower seeds (33 grams)      18 grams fat    7 grams protein     5 grams
carbo

Pepitas seeds (28 grams)        12 grams fat    9 grams protein     4 grams
carbo

Pignolias (pine nuts) (30 grams)    15 grams fat    4 grams protein     9
grams carbo

Interesting that the nuts and seeds have more fat per serving than the meat
and fish.

I'm going to grind the seeds in my blender, and make atole (thick porridge).
This is cooked for 30 mins., then dried into cake in the microwave (or in the
sun, but it takes a long time).

This cake is highly nutritious, and very filling. You can't eat much of it,
because of the high fat content. This is like Essene bread, which I've just
read about.

I think this nutrition profile would be pretty close to Paleo.

Any comments?

Charles