From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:43:50 -0400
Possum Hunter wrote:

> I would much rather eat wild foods I find in the woods than the
>so-called foods found in the supermarket!

would interest you. There are other lists on foraging, but this is the one
most on topic. A couple of the leading foragers in the US are subscribers.

And you don't need woods to forage in. City parks do quite nicely. Actually
in the woods itself little grows due to the lack of light. The best finds
are long the edges of the woods.

Also related to your interests is this page of mine:

  Foraging and Ethnobotany: http://www.foraging.com/

Which has pictures from foraging walks in the NYC parks. Next Sunday's will
be in Inwood Park, and will include John Goulde as a guest. He's one of the
top people studying wild edible plants.

Don (who has returned to collect posted URLs for my link pages).