From:
Philip Thrift <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Oct 2000 08:48:55 -0400
On Thu, 5 Oct 2000 13:19:51 -0700, Wally Day <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Funny, though, I can't think of any "fast food" that
>is really faster than paleofood. I mean, how much time
>does it take to sear (or not) a piece of meat and grab
>a couple raw fruits/veggies? Imagine, if you will,
>being able to order the "paleo plate" at your favorite
>fast food joint. It would be wonderful (AND fast)!!

Healthier to microwave cook meats, which done with the
right technique (boneless, 3/4-1 lb, < 1 in thick, spices), and is
done
quickly and turns out terrific.

>And while we are on the topic of "fast foods", I am
>curious about something. In both Neanderthin and other
>sources I have read that paleolithics enjoyed a HUGE
>variety of foodstuffs. Much more than what we are
>accustomed to today. So, doesn't that bode ill for
>some of the diets mentioned on this list - Anchell,
>the "all meat", possibly Phil Thrift's? Opinions?

What I mostly eat now:

Meats - chicken breast, chicken thighs, porkloin, ribeye, sirloin,
       red snapper
Veggies - carrots, celery, onions, green pepper, cucumber, squash
Fruits - (when I eat them, not every week): peaches, blueberries,
oranges
Nuts - (not often)
Eggs - (none)

Now of course "variety" and "quantity" are not quite the same thing.

Philip Thrift
http://www.paleofitness.com