From:
David Fobare <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:51:27 -0500
I assume you're referring to Cordain's latest newsletter. If you mean a
peer reviewed work, a link would be great.

I'm thinking of looking at the WD in more detail, but I am leaning towards
de Vany's emphasis on randomness or chaos in eating patterns. While
Cordain's cursory review of HG meal patterns does I think provide a
superior prescription to today's 3/day regimen, it seems to me that the HG
tribes Cordain references have found stable ecological niches to support
themselves. I'd guess that de Vany would say that our genetics were
determined by those HGs that did not have stable niches upon which to rely,
or whose niches broke down. Such tribes would not likely have maintained
the somewhat rigid meal structure Cordain is looking at.

Still, my own nascent experience with intermittent fasting has shown me the
error of the "3 squares" way. And Mattson's IF studies have shown clear
benefits even when total caloric consumption remains level. This I think is
most interesting and deserving of further study.

DF