From:
Lisa Sporleder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:48:29 -0900
> I am a bit new to the mailing list and paleodieting.  That caveat on the
> table, I thought the point wasn't to not eat cooked foods, but to avoid
> those foods which need to be cooked in order to be edible.  IS this
> incorrect?

No, it is not incorrect.  NeanderThin promotes the eating of things
that *can* be procured naked with a sharp stick and *can* be eaten
raw.  Not that we *have* to.

At one point, a vocal minority of raw advocates made it sound
otherwise, but most of us cook our meat and consider ourselves as
paleo (according to the tenets of NeanderThin, and therefore this
list) as listers who don't.

Lisa Sporleder
Ester, Alaska