From:
Kristina Carlton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:15:34 -0500
>Kristina, sorry for the late response.  I have found the advice given in
the
>26-week program offered for free on ast-ss.com to be very effective.  I can
>only recommend eating more calories, and splitting off your cardio workouts
>from your resistance training by at least 12 hours.  Maybe do your cardio
on
>alternate days.  Also, do intensive cardio, interval-training style.  I
used
>to use the recumbent bike, doing all-out as hard as I could for 1 minute,
l>ow intensity for the next, repeat for 16 minutes.  Now I do the same thing
>by running (sprint / jog).   In short, look at the musculature of the
>sprinter vs the distance runner.
>Regards,
>Lou Huis

Interesting - thank you for the feedback. I was hoping to get more responses
than I did.

So any concern with the amount of protein I am eating? I figure I get
anywhere from 150 to 200 grams per day. And I only get about 30 to 50 grams
of carbs - do I need more? According to the Metabolic Typing Diet book I am
a protein type. Still I sometimes worry about eating too much protein. No?

If I split my cardio off from my resistance training then I can only do 3 to
4 cardios per week. Will that be enough? And only 16 minutes???

I will go look at that program now and thank you again.

Kristina