From:
"C. ten Broeke" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:32:35 +0100
Stephen, I live in a small very densily populated country. Nature seems
to vanish overnight and houses are built on every available spot. The
last pieces of nature we have are gated and you can't even walk your dog
off the lead there because they want cows to graze as a sight-seeing thing.
Children hardly play in the streets here because of the traffic. Farms
are disappearing one after another because they go bankrupt.  At the
same time we import meat from the rest of the EU at great expense and
discomfort for the animals.
It's not a matter of me being negative to anything that does not suit
me.  It's the reality in the crowded overpopulated parts of Europe.
We have a fair share of people that are worried about the environment
and the way the industry has taken over. But with the political system
the way it is (and it's getting more conservative and materialistic by
the minute) it seems to be all technology just because they earn a lot
of money from it and less nature.
There is a man called Pim Fortuyn who is incredibly fascistic and is
going to win the next elections big time. He stated there is nothing
wrong with nature and big corporations can have a good say in politics.
It's unbelievable the way things are going here and it's bad news for
anyone that is into biological farming etc.
I'm campagneleader for a man that wants to be elected in the house of
congress for the Green party now.  I knew it was bad but I've learned
that almost anyone in government is influenced by the major corporations
and will push technological discoveries because of their own interests.

Christy