From:
Brenda Young <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 May 2009 00:21:52 -0700
OK, upon reading a bit more on this topic, now that I am back on the internet, yay, I understand now why some are getting a bit bent out of shape.  I am not taking it too personally, but I do get a bit bent out of shape when an evolutionist calls me a believer in fairy tales, when, again, evolution IS still a theory.  But I digress, and I'm sorry.  I just relate, again, some of my beliefs about food according to my religion, and I think that's a fair debate, but I certainly don't appreciate someone calling my beliefs a "fairy tale" when their "science" is still just a theory as well.

Ya'all can believe what you want, and I have NEVER taken you to task for that, so I would appreciate the same respect back, that's all.

I honestly have some questions that I would like to ask according to that, food-wise, but I think I will wait 'til things cool down a bit, as I don't want to add to the discord.

Love,
Bren

Hi All,
This is an unfortunate and divisive topic. While evolution underlies many of
the assumptions that drive this discussion list, it need not preclude most
religious perspectives, Christian or otherwise. Can we focus on something
less likely to alienate members of this otherwise very engaging forum?

Thanks in advance,
Ron