From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Dec 1998 10:17:30 +0100
At 14:32 1998-12-29 -0800, Dennis wrote:
>but they died at about 20.

That is not true! We know very little about longevity in paleo times.
It is impossible to tell the difference of skeletal remains from a
40 year old between a 100 year old. Modern h/g and similar people
live mostly in very bad environments, so we can't guide from that
either. Staffan Lindebergs research on the population on Kitava in
the Trobriands show that people do get very old, but there are more
obstacles such as accidents and infections on the the way, and they
do not have the medical resources of the rich countries, so quite a
few die too early.

>the diet was fine, but life was hard.

A good diet does not help everything. What made paleo people and make
modern h/g people healthy is their complete _lifestyle_, including, among
other important things, also their sociopsychological environment.
You cannot just eat "paleo" and then lean back in You chair and think
that will fix everything.

- Hans