Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2009 16:47:57 -0500
Tom Bri wrote:
> Yes, interesting. I would like now to see different varieties of 'the'
> paleo diet compared.
>
> What would a higher fat more meat diet look like compared to
> nuts-and-tubers type diet look like, for example?
>
> Also it would be nice to see what cutting one diet item at a time look
> like. For example, cutting just legumes vs cutting just grains or
> milk.
>
> My suspicion is that most of the good results are from cutting grains.
> Milk is also pretty high glycemic, so that might have a large effect
> on glucose and tryglycreides.
>
> But we don't know and won't until someone compares them head to head.
>
> On 2/12/09, Ashley Moran <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>> Hi all
>>
>>  Forum seems quiet.  Any of you seen this yet?
>>
>>  http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19209185?dopt=Abstract
>>
>>  Good news, right?
>>
>>  Ashley

I was 'Audette' paleo from 1997 for several years when I slowly let more
carbs creep in.  At that time I was fat, meat, fruits, nuts, berries,
only during season.  Tubers and grain, never.  I have currently gone
zero carbs.  Fat, meat, and water only.  It's easier than only eating
fruit, nuts, and berries only for a week or two during the year plus,
since it is winter time, those options would not be available for
several months anyway.  After two weeks I have no desire to eat anything
other than meat and fat, which is how it was back then.  No cravings for
anything.  Several weeks ago someone on here had a link to the
zerocarbsforlife website.  Whoever that was I am forever grateful.