From:
Jim Swayze <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 05:17:49 -0600
Todd > Good luck with it.  I don't think you'll find a single sentence in
the book that advises reduction of  calories for weight loss, post-plateau
or otherwise.

I'd already conceded the point about calories versus carbohydrates.  My
only promise was to find the post-plateau concept in the book.  As I said
yesterday, "I don't believe that I dreamed the post-plateau idea up..."

Page 170-171: "...initial weight loss may be very dramatic...  As you
approach your ideal weight, this loss will slow and the last 10 to 20
pounds will take much longer (2 to 3 years).  The process may be
accelerated by lowering intake of high-carbohydrate foods (dried fruits,
juices, nuts, etc.) and increasing moderate exercise...  Adding muscle mass
to your body through strength training will also increase your metabolism
and weight loss."

Another comment.  I want to be exact here.  I called the book "Neanderthin"
yesterday, which was apparently not a good enough cite for you.  In a fit
of enthusiasm, you said that "the full title of the book is "Neanderthin :
Eat Like a Caveman to Achieve a Lean, Strong, Healthy Body."  I should
point out to you that's the title of the mass released St. Martin's edition
of 1999.  The original title is "Neanderthin: A Caveman's Guide to
Nutrition", which saw three editions in the time period from March, 1995 to
June, 1996.