From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 1999 16:31:11 -0400
Kerry Townley-Smith asked:

>can somebody please tell me what
>coconut fat is and where I can get it?

It's generally called coconut oil. The easiest place to find it is in
Indian grocery stores. Spectrum has some for sale in health food stores in
the skin lotion department. It is food grade. Then the next time you visit
the Caribbean you can buy liters for about $2. I would suspect that you can
get it in a Caribbean grocery store, if you can find such a store. And it
can be order on the web at:

  http://www.rainbowmeadow.com/fixedoils.html

I solidifies at around 70 degrees. So in the winter in a house with the
thermostat set down it will harden. In the islands they suggest keeping it
in the refrigerator and taking it out the night before. I brought back a
liter from St. Lucia, but it hardened when it got here, and I waiting for
summer to be able to use it.

Don.