Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 07:50:05 -0800
Erik,

Any chance your blood type's O negative?

I'll second what Amadaeus suggested about removing 'scarcity thoughts'.

In my experience, I get allergic reactions from topically applied things as
well as those eaten (corn, for instance). As I'm sure you know by now,
everything's in nearly everything. Might not hurt to check the soap and
other cleaners you use and try to go for something with the fewest
ingredients or nonoffending ones if you can - at least as an experiment.

I'll also second the idea about eating fats. So much is controlled by
hormones, which depend on fats for their creation, that I think it's crucial
to ensure that you've got a ready supply for your body to make things from -
and shoot for at least a relatively decent EFA ratio (Omega 3s to 6s -
someone else here has the ratios I'm sure). It's not just hormones, of
course.

I'd like to hear more about that syndrome you mentioned - couldn't find it
on Google - and any other 'seemingly unrelated' symptoms that might help
point to some contributing cause. For instance, I have a low thyroid
condition and tend to have sparse growth in the outer third of my eyebrows.
Sounds unrelated (unless you have low thyroid and know what that can do to
hair thickness!)... but turns out it's something called St. Ann's sign. With
more Paleo eating (and plenty of fats), I'm now having to search for the
tweezers, a good thing (but only if it stays confined to my browline!)...

I think it's a marvel that given everything else you're not allergic to
chocolate... there's some consolation. (I'll let others fight over the
chocolate-isn't-Paleo point).

Best wishes,

CB

PS: Let me toss one more odd question in there - do you seem to get less or
more allergic reaction when you travel but eat the same things that you
would otherwise?