From:
Kathryn Rosenthal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2008 17:18:05 -0700
From: "Paula" <[log in to unmask]>

> As a breast cancer survivor what do you mainly eat?  Both of my parents
> have
> had cancer, so I am interested in case I end up with it.

Hi, Paula.  I had a small cancer in my left breast a little over eight years
ago.  It probably took about 10 years for the cancer to develop, and I had
been on a semi-paleo diet for about seven years prior to discovering the
cancer.  It may be of interest for you to know that I had a friend, who was
a surgeon, cut the lump out under a local anesthetic, i.e. just a shot to
numb the area.   ;)

After cancer, I went strictly paleo and considered sugar in all forms (other
than fruit) to be a poison.  The same thing held true for dairy, with the
exception of the Budwig protocol, which is a thoroughly mixed combination of
flax seed oil, and (in my case) full fat cottage cheese, although any sulfur
bearing food would work.

I eat organic meat, organic eggs, organic vegetables, organic fruit, organic
nuts, a few organic seeds, and organic berries.  After reading Taubes' book,
I am going to cut down a little on the fruit/berries and focus more on meat
and green leafy vegetables.  I take a variety of supplements to clean up any
circulating cancer cells in my system and continue to get blood work done
annually (which shows that I still have no evidence of disease).  I do not
believe that once a person has had cancer it is ever fully eradicated; I
live "clean and green" in my home, yard, and person as well as receiving a
synopsis (in English) of all research done in the area of breast cancer in
my in-basket five or six times a week.  I read so many research abstracts
that my oncologist usually spends an hour or two with me each time I see him
going over research and what I know/think regarding various studies.  I do
not trust my health, my life, to any doctor or combination of doctors.
Sorry, didn't mean to go on a rant.

For what it is worth, if I were you, I would develop a cancer preventative
protocol, including turmeric, D3, etc..

Thanks for asking,
Kath