From:
Nita Stull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Feb 2000 16:01:35 -0800
Okay, not very on topic, but since we're speaking about ant behavior....

Ants come into my house looking for any crumb on the floor.  In particular, they
like to feed on my cats' raw chicken dinner.  I place their dinner plates on a
cutting board on the kitchen floor.  What is interesting about the ants is
this...if I place the plate on the floor, not on the cutting board, the ants are
quick to come in for their feed.  On the cutting board, no ants.  Wierd.