From:
Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 2009 00:39:51 -0500
On Sat, 28 Nov 2009 02:59:36 -0500, william wrote:

>I've managed to get the least objectionable tasting beef back fat (not
>grass finished), so the pemmican tastes OK.
>Has anyone made it taste consistently good? And if so, how?
>
>William
What do you find objectionable about the fat you have been using?

I know it's hard to describe taste, but please have a go. I think
you and I are among the most regular pemmican makers and eaters
here and we have to stick together!

My son makes pemmican totally by hand (he lives off the grid
without solar panels) and eats quite a bit of it. As he and his wife
have a child he experiments with all sorts of flavour additives:
dried fruit, salt, spices, honey and the nipper (she's 2) loves it all!

Regads

Keith