From:
David Karas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2000 15:02:33 -0700
Dori Zook wrote:

> Hello, listers!
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but who is the list moderator?  A cyber-friend
> would like to join this list but, for some strange reason, he can't seem
> to sign on.  He's asked that I forward his information and explanation
> to the list moderator to see if that works.

I am the list owner and moderator. It is very simple to join the list.
Just go to this link.

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/CGI/wa.exe?SUBED1=paleofood&A=1

Not only can you subscribe and unsubscribe there but you can look at and change
your subscription options.

However some ISP's consider maelstrom as a spam generator and block incoming
messages. To successfully subscribe you must respond to the confirmation message
that is sent to insure that the subscriber is real and can receive messages. If
you do not receive that message then you never get subscribed to the list. I can
subscribe anyone without going through the confirmation process but if his ISP
is blocking maelstom then he will not receive any list messages anyway. He can
check with his ISP about their spam filter. If maelstom is being filtered then
he needs to get a free web based e-mail account (hotmail, juno, yahoo, netscape
etc.)
and subscribe using that address.