From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2000 05:07:41 +0000
>My name is Lisa and I'm 41 yrs old.  I was skinny growing up and usually
>about 20-30 lbs overweight through life but I've been REALLY overweight
>since my last son was born 8 yrs ago.  I've tried Adkins a couple times and
>I've lost on it, so I know it works, but... well, you know how that goes!
>I was surfin' the net and came across Ray Audette's "NeanderThin."  How this
>type of eating has helped his arthritis and well, that peaked my interest
>right there!!

>Thanks,
>Lisa

Hiya, Lisa! Welcome to the list.... There are at least two aspects to
success: having a plan that you know works, and then wanting it to work for
you enough to keep it up. There is a huge body of evidence that low-carb,
grain-free eating is a) what we were designed for and b) the antidote for a
whole slew of what we call diseases that are really brought on by abysmally
inadequate and inappropriate nutrition. Obesity is just one, but it's the
precursor to all the others, the canary that tells us something is very
wrong with how we've been told to eat.

The nifty part is that you don't have to eat this way on faith, because
you'll start feeling better and losing weight right away, even while you're
still doing research and learning how to have fun with your food choices.
Popular thought says that depriving yourself and slaving away in a gym or
on the roads is the way to lose weight, and that if you don't, you're just
weak-willed. This is hogwash; noone was meant to have to starve. Eating the
primeval way gives your body what it's been searching for, leaving you
satisfied and full of energy, and all the time fixing your metabolism to
behave properly.

So, it works. Now you just have to want it to work. You won't find yourself
popular to eat with, and you'll have to forego the little snackie things
folks live on, and endure some social stigma because of it, but, as one
lister pointed out, this diet may make you a bit of an outcast, but cancer,
heart disease, and death don't do wonders for your social life either.

Anyway, we're here to help. Ask away, and our wishes for your success,

ginny and Tomo, Paleo pals

All stunts performed without a net!