From:
Ben Balzer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Nov 1999 17:57:17 +1100
> Hi Ben,
> >As pointed out in my previous post diet and behaviour which should be
read
> >in conjunction with this post, diet can be specifically blamed for a
> >reduction of brain size of some 10% since the agricultural revolution
10,000
> >years ago.
>
> I would be very interested in a citation in support of this point. Thanks
> in advance.

Citation on diet appears in the previous post Diet and Behaviour. Citations
on the lack of change in the human genome in 10,000 years appear all over
Paleofood and Paleodiet and are fuundamental to the whole concept. I suggest
you search Paleodiet archives for posts with genome or mitochondrial DNA in
body by Loren Cordain as I'm sure I've read him mention it.

They used to say Neanderthals brains were bigger than ours but didn't have
as many gyrae (swirls on the surface of the brain) and therefore they were
not as intelligent as us. Wrong- if the genome is the same then they had
bigger brains with probably better microstructure. If the genome is the same
then environment must be the cause and I suggest diet as the likely
environmental factor.

Regards Ben Balzer