From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Mar 2001 07:03:48 -0500
On Mon, 26 Mar 2001 21:03:18 +0300, Phosphor <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>congratulations Amadeus, you're getting closer.
>This is why there are no tuber tribes, as you have admitted by your
>silence.

I have in now way admitted what you think.
There were enough cites and references on the importance of tubers.
I quit answering as I find your language as totally inadequate for further
discussion.
This is also a way to leave silence. Then you can assume whatever you want.

>The glucose system works perfectly, encouraging repetitive intake of carbs
>as long as there is any available, through hunger-induced hypoglycemia.

You didn't catch my reasoning.

For the case I wasn't clear enough:

The glycogen storage of 1500 kcal is enough to prevent hypoglycemia
for *days*. Glucose need of essential tissues (brain..) is around 500 kcal.

There is *no* reason for hypoglycemia in the first 2 days even of total
fasting. Let alone a few hours.

After that, you can downgrade your protein only for glucose.
As you can see on the energy flux picture of 30 days fasting.
http://www.zonehome.com/met/images/fig8.gif

Any hypoglycemia *in presence* of glycogen is a sign of disease.

>Fat
>storage is the result, so there is something to burn in the inevitable lean
>periods ahead.

Fat can be stored from carbohydrate sources, but even better from fat
sources. You can learn this from the article on orang utan feeding
I got from Ray Audette:
http://www.geocities.com/paleolix/orang.zip (attention 1.2 MB)

Amadeus