From:
Jim Cales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Nov 2002 14:27:14 -0600
From: "William Schnell" <[log in to unmask]>
> On November 27, 2002 06:56 pm, you wrote:
> > For me it was bread and/or potatoes, maybe other carbohydrates.
> Hmmm... Now that I think of it, these are all cooked foods..

This is an interesting thought that I have personally had and tested a bit
(nothing scientific to be sure).  I find that if I eat "sugar" ( any
carbohydrates ) in a raw form that I can actually handle a pretty fair
amount ( more than what is considered basic paleo ) without any real side
effects save a bit of hyper-ness for an hour.  No weight gain, no
depression, no obvious ill effects.  90% of the time I even loose weight..
go figure.

However, when I consume the same foods cooked I often feel slightly
nauseated and get a bit cranky.  I also tend to have headaches.  I find this
to be an odd thing since it is often the very same foods and the same
quantities i.e. tomatoes, celery, veggies or say apples.  I have tried it
several times and always get about the same reaction.  However, this might
just be my personal biology in action.  Your mileage may vary.

As an even stranger effect: I have tried the same experiment with meats.
Same meat and same quantity, one cooked, the next not... and there is no
effect.  I seem to be able to digest fat and protein whether cooked or raw
with no difference that I can discern.

Then there are the carbohydrates like wheat which are almost impossible to
eat raw and are cooked in most cases when a human eats them.  100% disaster
for me.   I think I see a pattern here.  :-)

Jim Cales - [log in to unmask] - MSN:[log in to unmask]
Independence, Missouri USA  64055 - (816)254-3741
http://www.JimCales.com  - ICQ UIN 1492607