From:
Dori Zook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jul 2000 19:27:27 MDT
Todd wrote:

>You know, the ketostix only measure the ketones that your body
>can't use at the moment....

I should note that while the readings are low, I have the distinct taste of
ketones in my mouth most of the day.  And I'm drinking like a fish (water,
of course).  In fact, one of the reasons I'm drinking so much is that it
helps keep the taste at bay.  Clearly, this is keeping the results 'low'.
If I'm discharging X amount of ketones but putting out, say, two gallons of
urine a day (never measured this and don't want to, so pardon me if it
sounds goofy), the sticks will register less ketones than if I'm putting out
ONE gallon of urine a day.  If the taste is there and the color isn't, I'm
in ketosis.  Still, it is harder to go into ketosis now than when I lost the
first 50 pounds.

And if I find myself ravenous on 1200-1400 calories a day, I'll eat more.
This is just my starting point.

Dori Zook
Denver, CO