From:
"Laurie Brooke Adams (Mother Mastiff)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Feb 2000 22:19:42 -0500
>We know this is not Paleo but we just got two 4 week old Lab/Weimaraner
>mix puppies.  They just weaned from their mother and had the dreadful
>puppy chow for a few days.  We are looking for resources, books,
>websites and any other helpful information to feed them a natural diet.

Try:
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Studio/6847/diets.html

This is a good intro page with links, and contains the titles of the best
books on the subject. It isn't safe to feed without learning what is needed
to *balance* the diet, so I recommend Billinghurst and Schultze as the
simplest, clearest, and they work for my mastiffs.

If you want to know why commercial dog food is making dogs unhealthy, with
many expensive and painful incurable problems, read this before you feed
those pups again.

http://ens.lycos.com/ens/mar99/1999L-03-28g.html  (Don't read this before a
meal or you may not want to eat.)

And to bring it on topic a bit, the Bones and Raw Foods (BARF) diet (lord, I
LOATHE that name!) or better yet, Biologically Appropriate Raw Foods diet,
is basically a paleo diet for dogs, because it is based on what a wolf would
thrive on.

-- laurie brooke adams (Mother Mastiff)  mastiffs at mindspring dot com