From:
Richard Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Dec 2000 20:59:11 +1100
At 0:20 -0500 9/12/00, Krullin wrote:

>Thank you! That was exactly what I was searching. One last question: how do
>you know which polyunsaturated fats are Omega-3 and which ones are Omega-6.
>I know that linolenic, DHA and EPA are Omega-3 and that  Linoleic and
>arachidonic are Omega 6, but what about the others??? Clupanodonic?
>Timnodonic? parinaric?

I think they are all w-3 as well.

You generally get pretty good results typing in the fatty acid name
and the word omega into a search engine. I just turned up this page,
which lists a frightening array of fats:
http://www.ebi.ac.uk/~henrick/mary.html

There are a lot of fats that are not listed in the USDA database!

  ...R.