From:
Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2012 20:42:09 -0700

Phillip Thrift was a dear friend of mine whom I met at a very early book signing at a Border's Books in Plano, Texas.
As I was setting up he approached me and told of how he had purchased my book at Whole Foods and credited it with a quantum leap in his body-building and his new career as a male model ( he had retired as an engineer - a T.I. Fellow).  I invited him to join me at my table and his testimonials helped sell a record amount of books.  I have never met anyone as buff as Phillip was at that time.
He attended several events in support of NeanderThin and even went hawking with me a few times.
He also began at that time to attend The Dallas Philosopher's Forum which, as a board member, I attend every meeting.  His questions and comments there highlighted his exceptional intelligence.
It was at one of these meetings that he informed me that he had a major health issue and was moving to South Beach.  Knowing his sexual preferences, I questioned neither of these things.
I never heard from him again - I miss him dearly.

Ray

TI Fellows are engineers, scientists or technologists who are recognized by peers and
TI management for outstanding performance. Fellows are elected based on exceptional
technical contributions that significantly contribute to TI’s shareholder value.