From:
Alec Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2008 15:32:01 -0700
It's true that minced meat is not used in the U.S. We call it ground meat (assuming beef).
If it is something else we say ground pork, ground chicken, ground turkey.  Thoes definitions are just meat that or ground .
However, there is another term called mincemeat, which doesn't always mean it contains meat.
Mincemeat as described in Wikipedia: Mincemeat is a mixture of chopped dried fruit, distilled spirits and spices, and sometimes beef suet, beef, or venison.
Subject: Re: Anyone here do intermittent fasting?

Thanks, I thought mince was a term not used much in the U.S. :) The only
other time I saw it used was in Barry Grove's DVD (Eat Fat, Get Thin) and it
was a minced lamb, with onion, in the bottom of a round pie pan, with a
green vegetable and raclette cheese on top (I guess raclette was some sort
of hard cheese). Cheers, Elizabeth
Yeah ground up meat, like meat spaghetti I guess.  You can buy lamb,
beef and pork.  Never seen minced chicken or turkey though.  Is it not
popular in the states?

Ashley