From:
Jerry Stegenga <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:34:47 EDT
In a message dated 6/23/2004 12:36:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

read on  this list a year or two ago that if you eat more than 75 grams
of protein  at a single sitting your body converts excess protein into
glucose via  gluconeogenesis.

Perhaps this glucose is sufficient to keep you out of  ketosis if you eat
heaps of protein and if your body has up-regulated the  enzymes required
for gluconeogenesis as it would in the case of a long-term  low carb regime.

This is true. About 40% of the protein converts to glucose. However this
should not be sufficient energy for the body without fat also being utilized.
Time will tell. I will keep you informed on my results.   JerrySteg