From:
Marilyn Harris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 May 2009 07:23:19 -0400
> ?  Definition of the word: A gradual process in which something changes
> into a different and usually more complex or better form.

Are you defining evolution? What you are saying above certainly doesn't.

> IMO there has been no change in our species except for those caused by
> malnutrition and environmental changes, nor has anyone shown that there
> ever was any change.

Do you mean for the last 1-3 or 4 million years? Or since when?

> It follows that we if we enjoyed the same diet and environment as our
> paleolithic ancestors for enough generations we would be physically
> identical to them.

No. Evolution is not predicated on diet - it's about physiological changes
from mutation that allows for a better adaptation to the surrounding
environment and increases the rate of survival for the species. The
particular animal need only to reach an age whereby it could reproduce to
allow for success for that particular change. That's basically all that is
required. Not necessarily more complex nor "better" (whatever that means).
And not necessarily anything to do with diet....

The improvement in health resulting from eating what
> we think is their diet is evidence in support of this.

It's evidence that we are feeding our bodies the right nutrients that it
requires for optimum health for the human animal.  We in this forum are
trying to discern through studying the fossill record / primitive tribes
etc. to help us determine what constitutes the right types of foods to eat.
We feel that it's our best guess....

Marilyn