From:
Jana Eagle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Nov 2002 18:10:40 -0600
Elizabeth Miller <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> Firstly, I didn't specify that cooking necessarily enhanced the palatability
> of meat -- although I think the fact that cooking meat is more or less
> universal suggests that it probably does for most people. Think of the aroma
> that emerges from cooking meat.

I do agree that meat smells good when cooking.

> However, from a nutritional point of view I
> agree that cooking probably subtracts from the quality of meat.  How do you
> prepare the meat you eat raw? Do you freeze it for 2 weeks as Sally Fallon
> suggests to kill off parasites? Do you marinate it? Do you have different
> ways of preparing it? Do you eat all kinds of animal products raw including
> chicken and fish?

When I started eating meat raw, I ate some previously frozen ground
beef.  It is hard (hard? impossible more like) to find fresh grass fed
meat, unless I buy or hunt an entire animal.  I prefer meat that has
never been frozen.  I also eat raw eggs, chicken, fish and raw dairy
(but I won't mention the dairy because it's off topic ;)).

Thanks for all the mentions that the debate raw vs cooked is welcome.
I have been on this list almost a year now and I love the information
and debates!

Jana