From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 11:29:49 -0500
On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Amadeus Schmidt wrote:

> Somehow Lutz describes a diet of limiting carbs to about the essential
> needs. Which he claims to have very good results on "strange" gut diseases
> like Crohns or Colitis. While obviously many people don't have any problem
> with a diet based on cereals only (the ordinary farmer of 1800)
> now it appears that restricting carbs down to the essential limit has
> great benefits on this diseases.

And other diseases, such as heart disease.

> Of course "normally" glucose can be fuelled very efficiently in muscles and
> other organs. If you took a healthy grain eater (Tibetan farmer or Hunza)
> who derives 80% energy from carbs, I think they directly burn the glucose.

No, based on what Walsh says, I think they are converting much of
it to SFA and burning it in that form.

> So glucagon wouldn't help eicosanoids beeing stopped from the insulin,
> or would it?
> At last that's Sears paradigma, protein with every meal.

I think the idea is that insulin pushes eicosanoid production in
one direction (toward series 2) and glucagon pushes it in the
other direction (toward series 1).  The goal is to have a net
balance during the day.

> BTW I'm nor shure how you could eat carbs without protein.
> Not in nature, and not as simple grain farmer
> (Wheat is 12% protein lentils 28%).

Sears also claims that protein from such sources is less readily
absorbed, so the effective protein yield would be less.

Todd Moody