From:
Batsheva <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:47:59 -0700
I was wondering if flax seed crackers that are dehydrated below 105 degrees might do the trick of providing fiber but avoiding the acrylamides of conventional baked starches.  There's a company called Foods Alive that puts out multi flavored flax crackers, that are soaked, and dehydrated at low temp.   The  plain flavor  are the most paleo.  5 crackers supply 11 g of fiber, and 11 g of carbs, so I'm figuring the net carb load is zero, right?  And you get 9 g of fat and 150 calories.   Plus they're a great alternative to bread and grains for those needing a hard surface   to slather nut butters, tuna, avocado, onto etc.   They are way pricey, but you can ration yourself to just a few per day, or make your own if you have time in the food dehydrator. Ray, I'm with you on the pork rind/almond butter snack.   I love pork rinds, but worry about the bad oil they use.  SO, I'm raising my own pigs in the woods and am now  in the process
 of fighting with the feed mill to come up with a pig food that doesn't use corn or soy.  I might as well be speaking caveman....oops, sorry if I offended the Geico caveguy.  What a great concept for their next commercial.. lol!  Maybe I can pitch my idea..........hmmmm

Batsheva

From: Ray Audette <[log in to unmask]>

 Wally suggested a 1 to 1 mix of carb and fiber...

Be advised, however, that most fibers produce high levels of acrylamides when heated past 140 degrees farenheit.
Acrylamides are the crunchy component of complex carbohydrates formed from starches.