From:
paul householder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 2006 11:30:32 -0800
On 2/10/06, Ken Stuart <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 04:24:25 -0500, Keith Thomas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> >Just to keep this more or less on topic, I should add that I see the
> preference for
> >chocolate+fat+sugar+milk mixes as one of the best illustrations of the
> instincto dietary principle
> >that you should eat each food separately, until you are satisfied. Eat as
> much pure cocoa as you
> >like? A teaspoon full will be as much an anyone unfamiliar with the food
> could consume.
>
> I hope you understand that there is zero scientific or rational content to
> that
> paragraph.

It seems logical to me, despite not being familiar with "the instincto
dietary principle".  While I think donuts taste great, if I broke them down
into their constituent ingredients (flour, butter, salt, fat, sugar,
etc...), I damn sure wouldn't eat the equivalent of very many!  I doubt that
early man developed complicated recipes that combined foul tasting
ingredients into something that tast great.

Of course, what tastes foul to me, may be a delicacy for others; hence I
agree that scientifically this argument may not be supported.

Best,
Paul

Paul