From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Jul 1998 18:15:47 -0400
Kathy Partridge asked:

>I would
>*love* to see a list just like this one for dogs (or dogs and cats). I very
>much like the more academic/scientific evolutionary slant of Paleofood and
>that atmosphere is missing from the Wellpet and K9-Cuisine lists. Perhaps
>our esteemed list owner would consider starting a PaleoPet list? <vbg>

The problem is St. Johns has a hard disk space problem and isn't generally
starting new lists. They do make exceptions for experienced listowners that
they like. While I would be happy to set up a list, if St. Johns is willing
to start one, but I would expect some other person to step forward and
handle the day-to-day aspects of running the list. I, and I'm sure Dave
Karas, would help train this person in what they needed to know. It would
include dealing with error messages, generally reviewing the first post or
two of new subscribers, keeping quoting down to a minimum, possibly
building up FAQ archives, and related things. Dave could explain it more.

I don't really want to ask for a list unless I know of someone willing to
be the day-to-day owner.

Don.