From:
Jim Cales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 08:09:43 -0600
From: "Erik Hill" <[log in to unmask]>
> http://www.salon.com/health/feature/1999/07/28/smell/index.html
> interesting article

 Indeed it is an interesting article.  On a personal note: I have noticed
that since I changed to a 100% raw paleo diet my sense of smell has
accelerated to a level that is often quite startling.  Perhaps saying that
it has returned to a proper level might be more accurate.  I guess it was
there all along, but being suppressed.

I find that I can smell things that others in a room cannot.  I can smell
the quality of fruit or meat from a couple of feet away rather than
plastering it against my nose.  I even find that I can smell things that my
dog senses where before I thought he was delusional.

I can only assume this is due to removing the cooked food molecules from my
life since on the couple of times I have ingested cooked foods again I
temporarily loose this accelerated sense of smell.  In a couple of days of
raw eating it returns.  It is most interesting indeed.

Jim Cales - [log in to unmask] - MSN:[log in to unmask]
Columbia, Missouri USA  65203 - (573)875-5581
http://www.JimCales.com  - ICQ UIN 1492607