From:
ginny wilken <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Dec 2001 17:11:09 +0000
>Hi Ginny;
>
>>Raw chicken I just can't get behind yet, but I eat it pink, not white, and
>>raw at the bone.
>
>Are you not taking a chance at contracting salmonella!?
>
>Marilyn
>----------------------------
>----------------------------

I suppose so, but I look at all the stuff my dog eats, all the raw chicken
I play with daily, and the probability that if wild canids as well as
humans were capable of being overcome by salmonella, we'd all not be here.
It is said that dogs do not contract a disease from the bacteria because of
the short length of their digestive tracts and the strength of their
stomach acids. This ability is demonstrably impaired by a diet of grains
and cooked foods. And regardless of our having a longer digestive tract, I
feel it works the same for us, too. I do very occasionally get a bout of
purging that lasts at worst 24 hours; I assume it's a bacterial attack of
some kind, but I am happy with the way my body deals with it. In any case,
salmonella lives on the surface of meat only, and is encouraged by
unsanitary processing and butchering. Buy big pieces and cut your own, or
even dip your meats in something like grapefruit seed extract solution, if
you're worried. But trust your immune system to keep you safe. I look at
"attacks" as a chance to get stronger:)

ginny

All stunts performed without a net!