From:
Donovan Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 Dec 2012 18:02:00 -0700
Hi all

I've been feeding my son cracklins made by cooking down beef fat until the
solid parts are crispy, then salting & peppering them.  I'm not much of a
fan, but the rest of my family loves them.

I have two questions.  First, are there any safety issues here?  I mean the
food itself, not igniting my kitchen!

Second, as long as it's safe & healthy, does anyone have ideas for how to
use the liquid fat that's left over from the process.  It strikes me as
something that would be very good for us but I have no idea how to
incorporate it into our diet.

I'm an amateur chef so I don't mind complex recipes or techniques.

Thanks,
Donovan