From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 17:32:11 +0100
At 15:10 2000-11-22 -0500, Stacie wrote:
>The generally accepted date for the arrival of people in the
>Americas is about 15,000 years ago, not long before the advent of
>agriculture in the Old World (about 12,000 years ago).
>..... If we are
>adhering to the premise that "edible raw/with nothign but a sharp stick"
>foods are meant for our consumption, then it would seem that those foods
>which were readily available to those entering the New World are certainly
>within paleo standards.

This only shows that the "stone&stick" rule is a to dull tool.

I think those foods that helped our species survive during hard times
with population bottlenecks are the ones that are close to 100 % "paleo".
Other food may be edible in limited quantities/seasonally, as most foods
probably have been eaten. There is *no* rule that can be used as an
absolute paleodiet guide. The best is probably "if it has two eyes it
is edible" :-)

- Hans