From:
Hans Kylberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 19:39:46 +0200
At 14:17 2000-04-26 -0500, Ray wrote:

>The refining process is not so through as to remove all proteins.

That means that the proteins depend on what raw material was used.
Here in Sweden it is sugar beetes, so it should be no worse than
eating other similar roots, swedes for example :-)
And I guess one anyway has to eat a real lot of refined sugar to
get any mentionable amounts of problematic proteins.
I use a *little* sugar now and then, for example with the rubarbs
that are delicious now. And I will continue doing so.

- Hans