From:
Adrienne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Nov 2008 11:09:59 EST

In a message dated 11/29/2008 3:42:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Some of you might find this article interesting.  It is written by Doug
McGuff, who is a proponent of HIT exercise and caveman eating.  To read it,
go to his web site:

http://www.ultimate-exercise.com/  and click on articles.  It is the article
entitled "Fountain of Youth".

I agree that brief hard workouts are superior to steady-state jogging -- but
I personally cannot stand super-slow weightlifting. I have only tried it
myself at my own gym -- not the special super slow gym facility here in Manhattan.
In any event, the priciple is lifting and lowering at a super slow rate.   I
found it maddeningly tedious and simply very unnatural.  Why would man evolve
to slooowly (10 seconds up; ten seconds down) lift a weight?? I'm not saying
it isn't effective in terms of strength building but so are other, funner and
more natural weight lifting movements.  Also, the super slow gym here in NYC is
fantastically expensive -- so why be a slave to something that costs so much
when other methods of strength training work too?  Even if I was wealthy I
wouldn't want to have to rely on machines at a special gym to stay in shape.  I'm
also not certain how super slow builds functional strength unless one is a
sloth.
AOL.com.