From:
Robert Kesterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2008 13:56:07 -0600
On Mon, 11 Feb 2008 12:54:41 -0600, Gale <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I'm in Milwaukee.  We had 17 inches of snow last Wednesday - just got
> dug out and had a couple of more.  Now it's minus 1 fahrenheit with a
> windchill of minus 20 and they tell us to expect another 3- 7 inches
> later today/tonight.
>  I'm ready to take out a petition to get winter banned.
>  gale <---  too damn old for winter

Yikes!  That makes the ice here look like nothing.  And it might well be
nothing, but this is our third ice storm in the past year, and the
previous two wreaked havoc, breaking trees, collapsing buildings, knocking
out power for weeks, that sort of thing, so people are nervous.

Winter makes me glad I don't have to live off the land as closely as paleo
man did.  Right now there would be nothing to eat but rabbit, squirrel,
maybe a deer if you were lucky.  It makes me really appreciate
domesticated livestock and greenhouses.  :-)

--
   Robert Kesterson