Date:
Fri, 15 Mar 2002 07:41:47 -0800
As to how high one can heat a certain oil,  it sounds to me like it's safest
not to heat any at all. But that said, there's definitely a difference in
how different oils hold up to heat. The best chart I've seen was an
extensive plastic-laminated one at Whole Foods Market, which was hanging up
by the oils section. If you have questions about oils and shop there, I'd
venture to say it would even be worth asking the customer service person
about, to see if they can post it or show it to you (I know they keep tons
of papers and charts at each Whole Foods).

I did not find the same thing on their Website, but did do a quick search
about oil heat points and ran across this:
http://www.learn2.com/08/0864/08644.asp ... which might be some help.