From:
Joseph Berne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 2009 09:19:46 -0400
Are you sure about this?  You produce digestive enzymes in your gut, but I'm
pretty sure you don't produce any in your eyeballs, your brain, your skin,
or... your muscles.  Cells don't all produce all possible enzymes - that
would be a huge waste of resources. Your muscles don't need any digestive
enzymes, and neither do an animals.  If you ate from the contents of an
animal's digestive system at each meal, that would be one thing, but most of
us don't.

I'll cede this point to a bio or medical person who tells me that we do
produce significant quantities of digestive enzymes inside our muscle
tissue, but I'm really quite sure that just isn't the case.